Drag and Transgendered
- The fabulous Queen Mother site has our full drag, transgendered and transsexual links page as well as lots
of photos of the New York drag scene, drag divas and transsexual issues. It also has busy message boards for the latest on drag and transgendered nightlife..
- The NY ballhouse community glimpsed in "Paris Is Burning" revolved for many years around Sally's Hideaway, the Times Square drag
den frequented by legends including Dorian Corey and Queen Mother's own Gina Germaine. Photographer Brian Lantelme has documented these beauties
for many years and we are delighted that his site sallys-hideaway.com is now online.
- L.A.-based Drag terrorista and performance icon Doctor Vaginal Creme Davis has
performed shrimping shows at Jackie 60, and generally frightened the horses for years. If you've never experienced Vag, or if you're a devoted fan, you'll definitely want to visit her
wordy and over-the-top site.
- For over a decade, Miss Understood brought a much-needed professionalism to drag go-go stints at our clubs
and countless others worldwide. Her Screaming Queens company and website is a talent agency for drag queens. If you've always
wanted to bring a DQ home with you for the holidays, or just need some color for a drab party, give this site a look.
- The Lady Bunny's Drag-stravaganza Wigstock was a Labor Day
must-attend for the wigged and bedragged of all persuasions for over fifteen years. Lots
of pics of audience and performers and more.. Now Bunny writes a marvelously entertaining blog, pulling no punches!
- The Cockettes were the spiritual godmothers of every Raging Queen and Gender Illusionist
currently scandalizing the populace: They paved the way towards much that we hold dear, and they did it in 1970-2. Visit
HIBISCUS, PRISTINE CONDITION and all the rest here - We
don't usually recommend Geocities sites, but this one is well worth the pop-up torture!